POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some help with Media please. : Re: Some help with Media please. Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some help with Media please.
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 30 Dec 2003 14:26:36
Message: <dak3vv4rbenfosgdr5ju5arqpobt9lfv93@4ax.com>
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:16:21 -0600, "Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

>Can also use a density
>statement with smaller value than the default of rgb 1. Basically, you'll be
>adjusting all those values until you get what looks appropriate.

That did it. Density with a gradient in the up direction works.

>As to the additional lights you added to help illuminate the scene... I
>would say you would cause unwanted affects (hilights, diffuse surfaces,
>oversaturation) by brightening the scene using those (with large light
>source color values), so probably not a good idea to do that.

Is that a lucky guess? :-}

I'll have to work on this. One thing I found is that the spotlight does not give
the characteristic illuminated ellipse on the floor so I needed a second one
that does not react with media.
Thanks Bob.

Regards
        Stephen